Current Events, News, and Information
◊ Holy Week
- Dramatic reading of the passion narrative performed by WPC Youth will be released at noon on Facebook and on our website.
- Good Friday—Holy Saturday Prayer Vigil: sign up for your hour of prayer online at wpcaustin.org or by emailing the church office directly.
- Children’s Fellowship Activities – Pick a time to join us to make colorful crosses for Easter :Thursday, Apr. 9th at 4:00 pm – OR Friday, April 10th at 9:00 am.
- Sunday, Apr. 12th — 9:30 am: Dress Up Fancy for Easter Sunday School Class – Hosted on Zoom for children 3 year old to 1st grade. Please check for a Children’s Ministry message from Charlotte.
- Sunday, Apr. 12th – 10:15 am: Easter Treats Virtual Sunday School Class – Hosted on Zoom for 2nd grade to 5th grade. Please check your email for a Children’s Ministry message from Charlotte.
- Monday, April 13th – 10:00 am: Plastic Egg Reuse Experiments—meet via Zoom for a quick fellowship time! Please check your email for a Children’s Ministry message from Charlotte.
For more info, visit our Children’s Ministry Events page..
◊ One Great Hour of Sharing
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance is responding to the Coronavirus pandemic by channeling reserve funds to hard-hit areas, partnering with the PC(USA)’s Mental Health Ministries to support pastors, and providing congregations with well-researched guides for navigating the crisis. The One Great Hour of Sharing offering, collected each Easter, provides critical funds to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, as well as the PC(USA)’s hunger and community-development ministries. Please give generously as you are able to this offering, which will provide much-needed relief to communities here in the U.S. and all over the world. Click here to give.
◊ Love Your Neighbor!
Our neighbors experiencing homelessness or food insecurity are especially vulnerable right now. The ministries that support these vulnerable populations are in need of financial support, as well as volunteer hours from those who can leave home safely.
- Manos de Cristo is experiencing increased demand at their food pantry and dental clinic. Click here to make an online donation to their ministry.
- Drive-A-Senior West Austin has started an emergency food pantry for seniors. They need food donations and volunteers to pack boxes. If you are able to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call their office (512-472-6339) before donating pantry items such as toilet paper, instant oatmeal, granola bars, crackers, pasta, peanut butter, shelf-stable milk, incontinence products, frozen produce, and canned fruit, vegetables, beans and soups.
- The Central Texas Food Bank usually relies on large groups of corporate volunteers, so they are especially seeking in-person help at this time. Click here to sign up.
◊ Thursday Prayers
Now you can join in prayers virtually at 12:15 p.m. via Zoom video call! Look for the link in the weekly newsletter to join Lesley Fields and others for a brief time of sharing and prayer. For those who cannot join the zoom call, but would like to “pray in place,” you can download the prayers here.
◊ VBS 2020
We’re excited to partner with University Presbyterian this summer to host VBS here at WPC. We’ll need your help to make this fantastic ministry for 75+ kids happen. Save the date for July 27th – July 31st, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm. Children and volunteers can register here: http://wpcaustin.org/vbs-2020/ . It’s going to be a castle-rific quest to grow and learn about faith!