Job Opening @ WPC
Director of Children & Family Ministry
Westminster Presbyterian Church – Austin, TX (Part-time)
Job Description (updated April 19, 2017):
We are seeking a part time Director of Children & Family Ministry who is called to minister to children and lead and serve families in our congregation and surrounding community. This is a salaried, 20-hour per week role. This person must be a leader, well organized, works well with others & has a vision for the growth of the ministry and building children up in their faith.
The main responsibilities of the Director of Children & Family Ministry are to develop, coordinate, and promote the children’s ministry of the church. Duties include:
- Providing leadership, research and development of programs and activities for children and families
- Organizing, recruiting, and training volunteers to implement programs and activities
- Leading and teaching as necessary to facilitate this ministry
- Facilitating outreach to the families of our Day School and others
- A degree in relevant field desired but not required or comparable experience working with children and volunteers. The Director of Children & Family Ministry must have a love for God, a love for children and their families, and a pastoral heart to see them grow in their relationship with Christ.
- Solid foundation in Reformed theology – The Director of Children & Family Ministries will be of mature Christian character with a desire for this type of ministry as well as familiarity with child development and general education theory and practice.
- Organization/Delegation: is a well-organized candidate with demonstrated ability to research and develop programs and engage laity participation.
- Planning: Ability to plan for and manage financial resources. Is self-directed and able to multi-task.
- Team behaviors: Commitment to a team approach to ministry; works with pastor and other staff and motivates volunteers to accomplish goals.
- Communication: solid oral and written communication skills in order to work with volunteers, parents and promote programs to the community.
- Relationship building: Ability to relate to and with children of all ages as well as parents and grandparents.
- Marketing: Ability to work with staff to promote programs and events in a variety of media.
- Recruit, train, motivates and manages volunteers for the program
- Ability to create and manage a budget
- Sunday morning participation
- Develop comprehensive, well-balanced educational programming for pre-school and elementary age children
- Assume the role as primary coordinator of the educational program and support families in nurturing their children’s spiritual growth
- Provide periodic large-event opportunities for elementary age students, including participation in mission/outreach opportunities
- Participate in staff meetings as necessary
- Effectively communicate with families in a timely manner regarding events, trips, and special programs
- Administrative duties as assigned by pastor
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $24,000 annual
- Working with children: 2 years
Please email resume.