Dr. Helsel Resources
Week Two: Dr. Carolyn Helsel—Continuing Conversation About Race: The Language of Diversity
|Would you like to expand your capacity for a new language?
Learn the language of diversity and raise kids who respect differences and honor similarities? There is a lot to talk about.
Here’s a sample:
- Some of the challenges parents and children face when embracing diversity.
- Conversations don’t move toward action. They are the catalysts. But at some point, you have to move beyond the dinner-table conversation.
- How to practice moving from dialogue to informed action.
- Carolyn will share some of the ABC’s of Diversity from her book, including the unhelpful reactions we typically have about or being around people who are different.
- Helping children educate themselves about social media sources and encouraging them to embrace diversity within social spaces.